- The Great Toronto Tree Hunt
- LEAF Learning Garden
- Let It Bee
- Maple Leaf Forever Tree
- Urban Forest Demonstration Gardens
- Urban Wood Utilization
- Young Urban Forest Leaders Program
- Youth EAB Ambassador Program
- Past Projects
Respecting your privacy
We only collect information to be able to do the following
- Establish your identity
- Protect you and us from error and fraud
- Understand your needs and eligibility for our programs
- Recommend programs, products and services to meet your needs
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Inform ongoing program design and marketing
- Verify program participation rates with our funders
- To provide you opportunities to support our mission
When we collect information, we will let you know how it will be used.
We will not share your information with third parties
LEAF will not share your information with any third parties without your consent. However, when we contract outside individuals or organizations to do work for us, or partner with an academic institution to conduct research, we will only share the information that is necessary to complete those projects.
Additionally, we will disclose your information only if we are required or permitted by law, to collect overdue accounts, or to detect or prevent fraud.
We Protect Your Information
All of your personal information is securely stored and access is limited to those who need to use it for the purposes detailed above. Anyone who uses your personal information, including staff, contractors and partners, is required to sign an agreement to maintain confidentiality. When your information is no longer required, it is destroyed.
What You Can Do
- At any time, you can change or withdraw consent for LEAF to use your information.
- At any time, you can find out what information of yours LEAF is currently using. You can also update this information to ensure accuracy and improve security. Keeping your contact information up to date also ensures that any information we attempt to communicate with you will not be misdirected.
- If you receive a suspicious phone call, email or letter from LEAF that you think might be fraudulent, contact us immediately
- Contact us at any time if you have questions, concerns or complaints about our policy or the manner in which your personal information was handled by LEAF
How to Contact Us
LEAF’s Privacy Officer:
Melissa Williams, 416-413-9244 x11, melissa [at] yourleaf.org
Artscape Wychood Barns
601 Christie St.,Suite 253
If LEAF fails to resolve your concern, you may also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada:
Place de Ville
112 Kent Street, 3rd Floor
Toll Free: 1-800-282-1376