Planting Team Leader
LEAF is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of the urban forest. Our residential planting programs, offered across Toronto, York Region and Ajax, help residents get the right tree planted in the right place. We are currently seeking a detail-oriented planting team leader for a seven week contract carrying out large tree and shrub plantings in residential yards.
Overview of Position
- Supervise one planting team member
- Arrive on time and assist with truck loading
- Follow site diagrams to plant trees and shrubs in pre-determined locations
- Strictly follow safety and quality guidelines for all plantings
- Keep paperwork organized, taking detailed notes when appropriate
- Represent LEAF in a professional manner
- Take photographs
- Training provided
- Ability to perform heavy lifting (up to 70 lbs)
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Capable of working long days
- Attention to detail
- Must have your own weather-appropriate work clothing and steel-toed boots
- Full G license with clean driving record
- Experience driving a cube truck (or other large vehicle/trailer) required
- Tree planting experience in urban environments
- Degree or diploma in urban forestry or arboriculture related field
- Experience working for or volunteering with a not-for-profit organization
- ISA certification
This is a seven week contract, 35-50 hours per week.
Please send resume and cover letter by Friday, August 28th to Brenna Anstett, Field Operations Coordinator at brenna[at]yourleaf.org Applications will be considered as they are received. No phone calls or in-person visits please.
LEAF is an equal opportunity employer. We regret that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.