Save up to $100 on native trees and shrubs for your yard this spring. The Cool Communities Residential Shade Tree Program encourages residents of Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo and Cambridge to plant trees around their house to help conserve energy. Visit participating nurseries from April 17 - June 2 to receive rebates of up to $100 off native trees and shrubs as well as information on planting strategically for energy conservation.
2013 Participating Retail Nurseries:
Brock Road Nursery - Guelph
Royal City Nursery - Guelph
Grand Valley Garden Village - Kitchener
Four Easy Steps to Getting Your Rebates
- Visit a local participating nursery during the promotion.
- Visit the Cool Communities booth inside the nursery and use the Tree Selection Tool and other guides to help you choose appropriate species for your yard.
- Fill out the short survey located at the Cool Communities booth.
- Bring your survey and purchases to the cashier to receive your rebates!
- $20 off trees regularly priced $99.99 or greater
- $5 off shrubs regularly priced $19.99 or greater
- $2 off shrubs regularly priced under $19.99
Free educational materials about tree selection, strategic planting for energy conservation and planting and care instructions are included.
Cool Communities Guides
Other useful resources
- LEAF's Tree Siting Checklist will help you determine the best planting location for your new tree.
- Determine how Healthy Your Soil Is and how you can make it healthier.
- Read about the Top Ten Things to Do for Your Tree to keep it healthy and happy.
- Cick here for information on how to select a good Tree Care Company.
- Want to do more? Click here to get information about LEAF's Community Action Kit.